My Children constantly amaze me! Not just once in awhile, not once a month, not once a week. Every day they amaze, all day long. They amaze me by the things they learn, the things they can do, the things they try to do, their reasoning for why they decided to do something and the things that come out of their mouths!!! Tonight after I picked them up at Mom-mom's, Olivia was playing with her seat belt and as I am scolding her for playing with it she responds with: "Yes, Yes Mother Dear!"
Then later when we are at home and my angelic children are sitting at the table waiting for dinner I strain to hear them talking to each other, when I hear Ethan say "THAT! is SOOOO COOL!!", until I bring out his dinner and he informs Olivia and I that that was not what he wanted for dinner. As I am going back into the kitchen I hear Olivia respond to him, "Ethan, eat what your mother puts in front of you or she will yell and holler!" I put my beautiful children to bed and Olivia tells me she loves me she gives me a hug and a kiss and goes to sleep. I leave her room with a calm peaceful aura. Ethan however decides that tonight is the night that he is going to be difficult. "Goodnight Ethan". "Goodnight Mommy" (ahh, what sweet children), I get to the bottom of the steps and sit down on the sofa and hear the pitter patter of the youngest feet in the house. I return upstairs to find Ethan in Olivia's room. We go back to Ethan's bed, I have to tinkle mommy, okay. Finally back in bed, scolded and not getting out, back downstairs ready to relax and again the pitter patter of feet. This happens a few more times when I finally ask my son, Why do you keep getting out of bed and going into your sisters room? My sweat little boy tells me because he wanted to give his sister kisses goodnight!
Out of the mouths of Babes!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! How precious. I almost woke the baby because I laughed so loud at the comment about eating what your mother puts in front of you. Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing these precious moments!
Post a Comment