Thursday, September 13, 2007

First Day of School

Olivia started preschool this week. We have been talking about it for awhile, to get her ready and she has gone back and forth as to whether or not she wanted to go. We got new sneakers and a very stylish "My Little Pony" backpack. Monday she told me that she was nervous about school. I assured her that being nervous was perfectly okay and that she would have fun at school and she would make lots of friends. She then wanted to know if Ethan could go to school with her and talk to the teachers for her. (I am not exactly sure how long this wanting her little brother tagging along will last!) Needless to say she wasn't very enthused about my response that Ethan would not be going to school with her. Her first day was tuesday. The parents stayed with them. She was her usual shy self but seemed to enjoy herself. Today however was her first day by herself. I am soooo glad I was not the one who had to take her (Thank you Mom-mom)!!!! She was apparently excited about school, UNTIL... she got there. Poor Mom-mom had to walk away while she screamed. Thank you again Mom-mom, you're the best!! When I spoke to her after school she told me she had a good time at school and she got to play. She did say that she talked to Ms. Mary, but not Ms. Cathy, her teachers.



We have a toy basket that has wheels on it. I have no idea where all the toys went but they were having great time pushing each other up and down the hallway.


1 comment:

Aunt Rose said...

Love the pics of the kids. Olivia looks so grown up and that backpack looks huge on her back.

Hope she likes school and makes lots of new friends.